Senior Network Engineer and Solution Architect
Hill Associates Corporation is seeking a Senior Network Engineer and Solution Architect to join our team supporting a large Washington, D.C. Federal agency. It will involve interfacing with service owners and other key stakeholders that are both federal employees and contractors, working with both technical and financial stakeholders, and program customers.
Come join a dedicated, highly skilled team of solutions engineers supporting enterprise IT infrastructure and services for large federal agencies. As the Senior Network Engineer and Solution Architect, you will help engineer IT service solutions and guide the deployment, migration, and performance management of enterprise networks.
Remote-based is currently supported due to COVID- 19 (in the Washington, D.C. area) but the position is likely to transition to on-site work at a customer location in Washington, D.C. Telework options will be available upon a transition back to the government’s normal operating posture with on-site work.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Analyze network systems and develop technical documentation
- Develop network system design and optimization recommendations
- Develop and execute implementation plans and performance validation testing
- Prepare customer presentations, project plans, and work
- Oversee network operations supporting enterprise services and applications
- Develop and oversee implementations of network change requests for firewalls, routing, switching, proxy services, VPN, DNS, mail, SD-WAN, and public cloud service deployments.
- Provide problem identification, escalation, and resolution of WAN/LAN performance, hardware, network carriers, and security issues in cooperation with the network services provider and Government agency customers.
- Identify routing and network access control requirements & resolution of related issues.
- Analyze network traffic and provide recommendations for issue resolution, optimization and configuration enhancements (e.g., QoS, TCP optimization).
- Assist customers in developing and troubleshooting network firewall access control policies.
- Develop network monitoring and management procedures using tools that complement/supplement those in use by the network service provider and Government agency customers.
- Provide technical consulting and engineering support to the government program and project managers
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- 15 years of general professional experience
- 10 years of IT industry experience
- 5 years of supervisory experience within the past 7 years
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and proficiency with Cisco technology – routers, switches, firewalls, and VPN is a must.
- Cloud network solutions development and/or IPv6 experience in a Cisco environment is a plus.
- Experience designing and deploying SD-WAN solutions is a plus.
- Solid understanding of WAN/LANs, network operating systems, enterprise architectures, routing and transport protocols.
- Proven WAN/LAN systems engineering, configuration, analysis, implementation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field.
- Must be able to successfully obtain and hold a Secret security clearance
- Prior work in a Government IT environment and industry certifications (e.g., CCNA/CCNP, CISSP, or other network or telecommunications vendors/technologies) is desirable
What We Can Offer You
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.