Are you an accomplished Information Security expert and have experience in IT security and security controls?
Do you desire to be a valued member of a team delivering high-end IT services and consulting for a cabinet-level Federal Government agency?
Hill Associates is searching for a Security Remediation Analyst who Provides hands-on technical expertise and is engaged in ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and non-repudiation of all IT systems operated by or on behalf of the Department of the Treasury. Whoever is selected for this position will assist in efforts to plan, develop, and oversee security aspects of multiple concurrent vital IT programs for Infrastructure Operations (IO); will perform against goals set by federal and contract management, and be expected to perform assigned duties with a high degree of independence.
What You Get To Do:
- Document security breaches and assess the impact
- Responsible for security incident investigation and response lifecycle
- Build out Incident Response Automation
- Monitoring of events and alerts from a multitude of technologies to detect malicious activity
- Collaborate and generate documentation for transfer knowledge with other analysts on duty to effectively resolve security breaches
- Responsible for security event monitoring, management, and response
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the current threat landscape (threat actors, APY, cyber-crime, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, triage, and remediate security incidents
- Understanding of Security principles, techniques, and technologies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic knowledge of audit requirements (PCI, HIPPA, SOX, etc.)
- Experience with command line interface and some level of exposure of administering systems and services for various operating systems
- Knowledge of using at least one industry standard SIEM and SOAR
- 15 years of professional work experience, with 10 years of related experience in IT security, with knowledge of standard IT security best practices.
- BS in Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience working with and in Government projects desired.
- Advanced knowledge in scripting languages in Python/Shell/Powershell
- In-depth experience in troubleshooting communications protocols (DNS, HTTP, TLS)
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity, employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.