Hill Associates Corporation is seeking an IT Systems Administrator to join our team supporting the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in a large Washington, D.C. Cabinet-level Federal agency. The position will report to the Mission Support Program Manager. The position will primarily focus on system administration of a 24x7x365 environment that supports the Government for an enterprise contract operating the Security Operations Center (SOC). It will involve interfacing with system/service users and contract support staff.
The role will require strong systems administration experience in a multi-operating system of Linux\Mac\Windows acumen, the ability to maintain holistic technical understanding, design overviews, and documentation for all aspects of the organization’s network, systems, and end-user equipment. Proficiency in the development and maintenance of both legacy on-premises deployed hardware and VMs, as well as understanding various major cloud-deployed IT models, will be needed, as this environment will maintain a hybrid operating posture for the foreseeable future.
The ideal candidate will have experience as an organizational system administrator dealing with all facets of IT service delivery, operations, and security/security compliance of the environment. The resource should have previous experience as a system administrator deploying and managing enterprise infrastructure and security solutions within a mid to large organization.
The position is currently a remote assignment with as-needed on-site support (Vienna, VA).
What You Will Get to Do:
- Understand and communicate organizational business/mission priorities for technical modernization of and maturing operational support for the organizational infrastructure.
- Support administration, integration, and maintenance of SOC systems and infrastructure across both on-premises, remote DCs, and cloud services.
- Maintain the internet connection and firewall and monitor security tools
- Responding immediately to security or usability concerns
- Adding, removing or updating user information such as logins and passwords
- An extensive understanding of operating systems Linux, Mac OS, Windows
- Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator for 3 – 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar relevant degree
- In-depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
- Hands-on experience with MySQL and/or MariaDB
- Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, and SNMP
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE, and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Support technology projects to mature remote management and deployment for enclave infrastructure (VMWare ESXi/vCenter) CentOS servers, Zabbix, Puppet (Infrastructure and Systems Automation & Delivery), and Foreman (Lifecycle Management).
- Support migration of operational systems to AWS according to USG goals to migrate off of legacy, on-premises-based systems and infrastructure.
- Support the technical staff in testing and integrating new commercial software technologies.
- Support maintenance and updates to keep all system design and security paperwork up to date.
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen
- Current Secret Clearance or eligibility to obtain
- 3 to 5 years experience in systems and network engineering, system administration, and IT operations with Linux (CentOS/RHEL)
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Amazon deployments and hybrid on-prem/cloud connectivity and security service deployments
- Expert in Mac OS and laptop configuration
- Cloud migration experience
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.