Hill Associates Corporation is seeking an experienced telecommunications engineer to consult a large Washington, DC area Federal agency with their IP-based data, voice, and video services. As a full-time employee, you will be a senior consultant at a small award-winning consulting firm with demonstrated success delivering and supporting mission-critical networking solutions. This opportunity involves enterprise-wide work in support of the Department OCIO, interaction with well-known Government agencies, and the Department’s managed network service provider. This position requires on-site work in Washington, D.C. near the Metrorail Red Line with minimal travel expected outside the local area. The successful applicant will provide engineering and project management consulting and operations services supporting a very large Wide Area Network and Network LAN ecosystem. The position involves working closely with the LAN/WAN operations team. Applicants can expect to utilize their skills to support the deployment, migration, and performance management of major enterprise applications and services by providing guidance and recommendations regarding performance optimization, network security, solution architecture, and operations support. The position requires device management and configuration expertise, previous experience, and demonstrated solution deployment and application/network troubleshooting skills over Cisco routing and switching fabrics, as well as a strong understanding of network security technologies. Successful applicants should have 10 years of relevant experience. Consideration will be given to candidates with less experience who can demonstrate the ability to meet the position’s objectives. There is an opportunity to advance to the senior Service Management Team engineering group for the right candidate.
- Demonstrated experience in an IP-based enterprise network environment as a network engineer, architect, analyst, and/or technical specialist.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and proficiency with Cisco technology – routers, switches, firewalls, and DMVPN. VoIP experience in a Cisco environment is a plus.
- Solid understanding of WAN/LANs, network operating systems, enterprise architectures, routing and transport protocols, and unified communications
- Proven WAN/LAN systems engineering, configuration, analysis, implementation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field (additional experience may be substituted for degree requirements)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- A DoD-issued Secret or Top Secret security clearance is a plus
- Prior work in a Government IT environment and advanced certifications (e.g., CCNP, CISSP, or other network or telecommunications vendors/technologies)
Primary areas of responsibility include:
1. Technical Consulting and Project Management
- Provide on-demand technical and engineering support regarding the design, connectivity, and configuration of network infrastructure and unified communication infrastructure and operations
- Direct and support the implementation of new applications and services, new sites and site moves, and associated firewall policy and routing configurations.
2. Network Operations Monitoring, Management, and Troubleshooting
- Develop network monitoring and management procedures using tools that complement/supplement those in use by the network service provider and Government agency customers.
- Provide problem identification, escalation, and resolution of WAN / MAN / LAN/ VOIP performance, hardware, software application, network carrier, and security issues in cooperation with the network services provider and Government agency customers.
- Identify routing and network access control requirements & resolution of related issues.
- Analyze network traffic and provide recommendations for issue resolution, optimization, and configuration enhancements.
- Assist customers in developing and troubleshooting network firewall access control policies
What We Can Offer You: Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law. If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide reasonable accommodation. Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.