Information Systems Security Officer
Are you an accomplished Information Security expert and have experience in IT security and security controls?
Do you desire to be a valued member of a team delivering high-end IT services and consulting for a cabinet-level Federal Government agency?
Hill Associates is searching for an Information Systems Security Officer to support a fast-paced cabinet-level Department’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) organization. You will be an ISSO to assist the Department to develop, engineer, and implement a new Department-wide Splunk capability to facilitate operational security data ingest and metrics, advanced data analytics, and security reporting to both internal and external government consumers.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Provide Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) functions for Enterprise programs that manage cloud and network services delivered across the agency.
- Support and act on behalf of the federal Information System Security Manager (ISSMs) and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) as needed to manage and execute Assessment and Authorization (A&A) procedures for on-premise and Cloud systems.
- Leverage your expertise in IT / cyber security to protect the IT infrastructure for a large Federal Government Agency.
- Test, assess, and identify risks and vulnerabilities with IT systems.
- Based on the results of these tests and assessments, implement proactive actions to reduce risk and correct vulnerabilities.
- Monitor and report on compliance with US Government and Agency security policies and procedures.
- Develop, evaluate, and as applicable execute Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) plans.
- Support the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) for systems as required.
- Conduct updates to system process descriptions and flow charts.
- Develop recommendations and courses of action for the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Support ad-hoc reporting and programmatic communications related to the functions of an ISSO.
- Prepare accreditation documents for the Authorizing Official’s review.
- Update Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation documents as appropriate and ensure the Continuous Monitoring Process is implemented and maintained.
- Experience with Federal Government IT systems or network environments.
- Experience with security best practices for SOC systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of NIST 800-53 “Security and Privacy Controls for Information Systems and Organizations.”
- Professional certification in IT security, cyber security, or a related certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, Security+, IT Security Auditor, Cloud Security, etc.)
- Assist CISO with the development of certification and accreditation (C&A) efforts
- Review, Recommend, and Report all security activities in an appropriate, secure, and accessible repository.
- Complete and monitor Continuous monitoring activities to include POA&Ms and data calls.
- Act as liaison between vendors and Agency System staff
- Provide weekly status reports to ISSM and CISO on the status of systems within Bureau’s portfolio
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 15 years of professional work experience, with 10 years of related experience in IT security, with knowledge of standard IT security best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills for interaction with customers, project leaders, team members, and other government agencies.
- Ability to capture high-level technical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to think creatively and adapt creative thinking to what works for the organization.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Active US Government Clearance at the Secret level or higher is a MUST.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience working with and in Government projects desired.
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity, employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.