Are you an accomplished Cloud Security Engineer with real-world experience in applying security solutions, especially for multi-cloud-based systems, in a U.S. Government (USG) environment? Would you like to directly support one of the USG’s newest multi-cloud programs? Are you looking to take that next step up in your career and become a key member of a team supporting a large Federal Government enterprise IT program? Then we want to hear from you!
Hill Associates is searching for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer specializing in security methodologies and solutions applied to multi-cloud-based environments. We seek an energetic, talented professional who demonstrably understands security solutions as applied in the USG environment. Ideally, the candidate can succinctly explain recommended enterprise cloud security solutions and strategies to management. In addition, we seek a candidate who understands the interdependencies and implications of USG security solutions across an enterprise infrastructure portfolio, such as cloud-based security, Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA), Trusted Internet Connection (TIC), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Privileged Access Management (PAM), security operations, log capture, and data management/sharing.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship, 15 years of experience, and a relevant master’s degree. The. The candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a public trust suitability clearance. Remote-based work is currently supported due to COVID-19. Physical work location is flexible with remote work options potentially available to well-qualified candidates.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Act as a primary client interfacing technical/cloud specialist for a cabinet-level US Government Department’s new cloud program.
- Leverage your expertise in cybersecurity and cloud security solutions to provide technical and engineering leadership in support of the client for security and infrastructure modernization efforts and initiatives.
- Support the Agency’s efforts to improve enterprise security, including the definition, presentation, planning, and implementation of best practices for solutions to cloud security requirements.
- Advise on TIC 3.0 target state architectures specific to client use cases within Cloud Service Providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. Ensure security visibility across TIC 3.0 Policy Enforcement Points (PEPs) to provide the Security Operations Center (SOC) vulnerability and threat awareness for continuous security monitoring and operational support.
- Support improved security compliance through implementation of updated TIC 3.0 federal mandates, policies, and governance, and through defined implementation of security controls required for specific TIC 3.0 Use Cases
- Provide recommendations that ensure cloud-based systems are specified, designed, developed, implemented, integrated, and sustained to meet Agency security needs, goals, and objectives.
- Verify that proposed cloud security solutions meet current USG and Agency security directives and policies.
- Apply principles, methods, and tools to assess the effectiveness and practicality of current and future cybersecurity technology and systems.
- Recommend tools and capabilities to address Risk Management Framework (RMF) security requirements.
- Assist with Cloud Connectivity Strategy that feeds into the USG Department’s Cloud Network Strategy
- Understand and apply cost-effective cloud solutions that protect data and information systems and ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Apply expertise to ensure designs for new or enhanced cloud security solutions and services meet client requirements.
- Support the development of plans and processes to integrate or migrate on-premises services to cloud-based services to enhance enterprise cybersecurity posture.
- Support the development of standards to evaluate, verify, and validate technical and security performance characteristics of proposed cloud systems.
- Apply common cybersecurity frameworks in the USG environment for designing and governing complex cloud security systems, applications, and implementations.
- Research emerging cloud security solutions and provide an analysis of their impact to
- Master’s degree in engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent required.
- 15 years of related experience in IT security engineering (required).
- Experience with Federal Government network environments, including enterprise-wide, business-critical, high-availability systems.
- Experience with common cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, OCI, or GCP).
- Demonstrable knowledge of cloud security methodologies, practices, and products/technologies.
- Understanding of Trusted Internet Connections (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Points (PEP) concepts and knowledge of networking, traffic flows, Cloud Service Gateways, and network architecture design.
- Experience with cloud-native technologies across Cloud Service Providers, including AWS GuardDuty, Macie, Azure Defender, OCI Cloud Guard, and Google Security Command Center.
- Understanding of Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) framework and features.
- Experience with container workload security using native and industry tools.
- Experience using industry-standard security tools such as Splunk, Zscaler, Palo Alto, and F5.
- Experience in developing technical and engineering reports and documentation, from requirements and architectural designs, and diagrams, potentially including strategy, architecture, policy, roadmaps, key processes, dependencies, interoperability, technology, and governance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills for interaction with customers, project leaders, team members, and other government agencies.
- Ability to coordinate across teams and with representatives from a wide range of organizations including government, commercial, and international.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to create, discuss, and explain technical solutions and documentation
What We Can Offer You
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package, including competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package. We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law. All information you provide will be kept confidential. Please contact Hill Associates at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.